I’ve been on a journey over the past few years to live a more passionate life, one that incorporates my core values of love and connection, lifestyle freedom & business success, fitness and well-being, fun and adventure, and contribution and legacy into my life in a holistic, balanced, and healthy way. It hasn’t been easy, but I’ve learned a few powerful strategies that work for me. Each day I strive to accomplish these goals no matter what:
- Meditate and honor my soul. I spend 22 minutes in the morning after waking in meditation: simply sitting up in bed, listening to the stillness, and breathing. Everything flows better in my life when I’m consistent with my meditation practice.
- Workout and honor my body. I typically hit the gym for weights and cardio every day. Sometimes I dare myself to try exciting fitness adventures like kickboxing and trapeze. Even taking a walk can make a world of difference. Honoring my body by giving it something productive to do and achieve has truly transformed my life.
- Connect with someone I love and honor my heart. One of my highest values is connection. Whether it’s a phone call with a family member, a meaningful conversation with a friend via text, or sharing ideas over lunch with a colleague; connecting on a heart level fills me up so much and is one of my favorite things to do.
- Take a step in the direction of one of my dreams and honor my ambition. I’m motivated by possibilities and results. I see the possibilities when I visualize what I want. In order to get results, I have to take action in business and in life. So, I take at least one action daily toward my dreams. On a really productive day, I’ll take massive action toward several goals.
- Inspire someone and honor my mind. Facebook is one of the tools I use to nurture and nourish my mind. I love reading friends’ posts and get so inspired by what they’re doing and creating in the world. I also like to challenge myself to be open and vulnerable by sharing my own ideas and experiences. Hearing from friends and Fans that my posts make a positive difference in their day means the world to me.
- Have fun and honor my spirit. Life is meant to be fun. Each day I do something that enlivens me and/or makes me laugh: watching a funny video, riding my bike along the ocean at sunset, surprising someone with a thoughtful gift, planning an adventure with a friend, reading a powerful book, dancing around the house, eating in a unique restaurant, and many more!
Life is more fun and fulfilling when I align my intentions, time, and energy with my values and take action daily. When I’ve accomplished these goals by the time I lay my head down on my pillow at night, I know that I’ve given it my all and set myself up for maximum success, life balance, and well-being. Doing so helps me stay focused on what really matters in my life and gives me the energy and passion to fully go for my dreams and make a difference.
About Sheri Fink
Sheri Fink is an inspirational speaker, a #1 best-selling author, an award-winning entrepreneur, and the founder of “The Whimsical World of Sheri Fink” brand.
Sheri writes books that inspire and delight kids of all ages while planting seeds of self-esteem. Her first book, The Little Rose, was a #1 bestseller on Amazon for over 60 weeks and became the #1 top-rated children’s e-book on Amazon. Sheri is the recipient of multiple literary awards including three gold medals in the Readers Favorite International Book Awards. All five of her children’s books were #1 bestsellers.
In 2013, her children’s book series received the Gold Mom’s Choice Award for excellence in family friendly entertainment. Sheri was selected by CBS Los Angeles as one of the top 3 authors in her local area, a distinction she shares with Dean Koontz. Sheri was honored with the 2013 Extraordinary Inspiration Award for her long-lasting commitment to spreading inspirational messages of hope and self-esteem through her books, her moving life story, and her brand.
Sheri’s newest adventure is a contemporary romance. She was inspired to write Cake in Bed, her debut novel, to empower women to be their authentic selves and to not settle for less than they deserve in life or in love, because everyone deserves to have their cake and eat it too … preferably in bed!